Do you have a real paper map? Do you have a very good map on your computer (JPG/PNG)? Do you want to use these with the gps of your iPhone?
ShingleNav is the solution. You can import your map from internet or pick from the camera. You set four focus points and you will be ready to enjoy your map!
ShingleNav is also a very simple terrain navigator. The idea is to mark the starting position (home) and then navigate back. You simply follow the red line back home. It's also possible to navigate to any position selected from the map or using coordinates.
• ClearMap allows you to navigate without any maps and reduces internet costs
• Use your own maps imported via internet or the camera
• The path will be recorded and shown over the map
• The arrow cursor will show the direction, where you are moving or if you have iPhone 3GS it will show your heading
• The scale of the map is shown over the map so that distances can be evaluated
• The path can be exported using Google's KML-stantard
E.g. it can be opened by Google Earth to see the path there. It can be imported to Google Maps, too.
• Uses proximity sensor to auto disable screen E.g when your phone is in your pocket
• Support for iOS 4.0 multitasking
The path details show the time used for the whole path, total trip, average speed and max speed.
Examples of the use:
• terrain navigation without terrain maps
• find your car from big parking areas
• record the route and send it to your friends
• send your current position to your friends
• measure any trips, distance and time used
• works also in dark conditions
Youtube video available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMt2LhSglqE
YOUR USE OF THIS REAL TIME ROUTE GUIDANCE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. LOCATION DATA MAY NOT BE ACCURATE. CONTINUED USE OF GPS RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND CAN DRAMATICALLY DECREASE BATTERY LIFE.